For minor abrasions and irritations of the skin, zinc oxide is used as a protective covering. It is applied as a soothing and shielding balm to help parched skin and diaper rash heal.
Zinc Oxide Dose in Adults
Zinc Oxide Dose as a skin Protectant:
- Apply topically as required to the affected areas several times a day.
Zinc Oxide Dose in Children
ZincOxide Dose as Skin protectant:
- Apply the cream, ointment, paste, or stick generously to the affected area as needed, especially with each diaper change or after incontinence episodes.
Use in Pregnancy and lactation
- It's applied topically to healthy skin.
- Safe to use while breastfeeding or pregnant.
Dose in Kidney disease:
- For patients with renal illness, there is no need to change the dosage.
Dose in Liver disease:
- For patients with liver illness, there is no need to change the dosage.
Side Effects of Zinc oxide:
- Local hypersensitivity reaction
- Local irritation
Allergic reactions to the formulation's ingredients, including zinc oxide
How to use it?
- It is used as a topical cream, paste, or stick for external use.
- The area should be gently cleaned and pat dry with a clean soft cloth or allowed to dry.
- Excess products should be removed via dry tissue.
- Avoid contact with eyes, face, mouth, or broken skin.
Mechanism of action of Zinc oxide:
- It is a mild astringent with weak antiseptic properties.
International Brand Names:
- Ammens® Original Medicated
- Baby Rash Free
- Desitin Maximum Strength Original
- Ammens® Shower Fresh
- Triple Paste
- Calazime Skin Protectant
- Mixtura Alba
- Desitin Rapid Relief
- Pasta Zinci
- Pasta de Lassar
- Unguentum Zinci Oxydati
- AmeriDerm PeriShield
- Elta Seal Moisture Barrier
- Smith's Diaper Rash
- Boudreaux's® Butt Paste
- Pharmabase Barrier
- Critic-Aid Thick Moist Barrier
Zinc Oxide Brand Names in Pakistan:
- Rashnil (Abbott)
- Woodward Nappy Rash (Woodwards)
Ointment 20 %w/w in Pakistan
Zinc Oxide Powder 12 mg/L in Pakistan
|Pediasure Chocolate||Abbott Laboratories (Pakistan) Limited.|